We’re currently hiring engineers who are specialised in devops. While the job description on careers page ( https://webengage.com/current-openings/#op-230200-senior-devops-engineer ) gives a rough idea of what to expect from the role, here’s the hiring process in a nutshell.
1. Once we get your profile, our team will quickly do screening by looking into your resume, public github profile, blog posts, linkedin, etc.
2. In the next stage, a member from our HR team shall call you on mobile to have an initial interaction. This could last for 15-20 minutes atmost.
3. When HR team passes the profile to tech team, one of our devops team members shall arrange a quick 15-20 minute call to get an overview of the profile from technical standpoint and discuss the details of an upcoming assignment.
4. The above call shall be followed by an assignment to you over email. While we don’t have any time limits on when to submit the assignment, if it takes longer than a week, we’d like to have you mail us. Please note: Time extension doesn’t affect your application in any manner. This is purely to keep us informed and keep your application in loop. Otherwise, the profile shall be rejected for being unresponsive.
5. Upon the completion of assignment, one of our tech team members shall arrange an online interview call for 45-60 minutes. This interview involves detailed discussion of the assignment solutions, and other technical questions.
The questions shall include your knowledge about configuration management, database, linux knowledge, lifecycle of devops, debugging, cloud, monitoring, etc.
6. There might be second telephonic interview by other team member, to cover different technical aspects than previously covered.
7. We’ll call you for a face-to-face interview in either of our locations: Mumbai/Bangalore and have discussion for about 3 hours with our team.
8. Our HR will get back to you after the face to face round, with relevant results.